A thousand locks - a key
In the autumn of 2019, NSR began using a digital key to all garbage rooms with a locked door in the city of Helsingborg. This means that instead of 14,000 keys, drivers now only need a single key.
On a regular passport, a driver could previously have a keychain with up to 100 keys. Now it is enough with a single key that is activated with today's emptying points before each work shift.
The benefits are many
- Better working environment
- A key to open all locked garbage rooms
- Reduced time required for key administration
- Lost key is no problem
- Opportunity for collaboration with the rescue service and the home service
- Full control - all openings are logged
The system with digital keys means that the existing locks in the waste rooms are supplemented with an accessory with a digital cylinder so that a digital key can open all the waste rooms.
The digital keys only work for the limited time of a work shift and are unusable for the rest of the time. A lost digital key is blocked by NSR.